Welcome

Forgot Password?
Events
5 Tips to mastering linebattles
Forum » THE BARRACKS » Holdfast Discussion
Likes 6
24th Feb

Hey guys, I just wanted to come here and write down some basic line battle tips and reasons why we do the things I am going to mention.

1. When forming a line to fire in, get tight to your neighbor. Shoulder to shoulder with no gaps.

reason: The tighter we are in a line the less spread our volley will have, there will be a greater chance of us hitting the enemy line and less chance of our bullets straying wide.

2. When moving in  line leave 1 1/2 - 2 paces worth of space between you and your neighbor. If you are getting too close to the man in front, simply tap W until you are in your desired position.

reason: If we end up getting fired on while moving, the gaps make us a tough target to hit. minimizing casualties.

3. ONLY HOLD W WHEN FOLLOWING THE LINE! If you need to adjust, use your mouse and never let go of W

reason: If you use A or D to navigate left and right it will slow your characters speed therefore creating a space in the line and making it take longer to get into firing formation.

4. If you are moving forward in a firing line stay in your spot and leave enough room for your neighbor to get into his. THEN tighten the line.

reason: You want everyone to hit their spot as quick as possible and get straight ASAP so proper volleys can be efficiently fired.

5. Always use the officer as your point to line up. If he is on your left then line up on your neighbor that's on your left, or closer to the officer. If he is on your right, then line up tight with the neighbor on your right. The officer is always your guide on where and how to line up.

reason: Its a simple rule of thumb to remember, the angle and where you line up is EXTREMELY important, and the only one that knows exactly how he wants you to line up is the officer. Therefore ALWAYS tighten the line and angle the line based off of where and how the officer is standing. 

So, there you have it. I hope this helps some people that get confused in the chaos that is line battles sometimes. I hope i didn't come off as a jerk know it all trying to tell people what to do as i am still learning as well. BUT what i have learned is that if you follow these simple things, you'll never have to worry about breaking line Etiquette! Now go kill those nose talking, cheese eating pieces of FILTH!
Like (4) · Comments (0)

Cheese eating surrender monkeys!

Forum » THE BARRACKS » Holdfast Discussion
Please login or register to reply.
Poll
Favourite Shoe Brand?
Nike 13

Adidas 3

Reebok 0

Timberlands 3

Converse 4

Jordans 1